American Institute for Yemeni Studies (AIYS)
The American Institute for Yemeni Studies annually holds two competitions for fellowship programs supporting research on Yemen, one for U.S. citizens, presently limited to countries other than Yemen and the United States, and one for citizens of the Republic of Yemen. The fellowships are funded by grants from the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
The deadline for both fellowship competitions is Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at midnight EST.
AIYS Fellowship Program for U.S. Scholars
AIYS invites proposals from graduate and post-graduate scholars in all disciplines. Collaborative or group projects are also invited.
Projects are not normally funded above $6,000. Applicants may need to secure additional funding for other expenses or for extended research periods, but in the case of multiple awards AIYS reserves the right to modify or cancel its fellowship offer.
Though there is currently a U.S. Department of State travel restriction to Yemen, AIYS continues to support research on Yemen. Please note research under this fellowship must be carried out in countries other than the United States and Yemen.
U.S. citizens who are enrolled as full-time graduate students in recognized degree programs or who are post-graduate professionals.
1. A Research Proposal (not more than 2,000 words)
2. Detailed Budget Proposal
3. Current CV or Resume
4. Three letters of support
5. Graduate students must also send a scanned copy of their transcripts.
AIYS Fellowship for Yemeni Scholars
AIYS supports Yemeni scholars through small grants ($2000) for research.
Citizens of Yemen who are enrolled as full-time graduate students in recognized degree programs or who are post-graduate professionals
General Guidelines and Requirements
AIYS gives grants of up to 2000 USD for original scholarly research projects in Yemen in any discipline.
- Applicants should provide a detailed project budget justifying the amount requested. Preference will be given to applications which explain clearly how AIYS funding will be used for research purposes.
- The level of funding will be decided by AIYS
- Upon completion of the project, the applicant must provide a final report (3 to 8 pages) in Arabic or English. The report will be published in AIYS' Yemen Update.
- Upon completion the researcher must submit a financial accounting of how the research funds provided by AIYS were spent.
- Publications resulting from this project should acknowledge the support of AIYS.
- Researchers are responsible for obtaining necessary research permits.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for these fellowships comes from a grant from the U.S. Department of State's Bureau for Educational and Cultural Affairs through the Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC).
For more information, please visit http://www.aiys.org/